Assisted Chin Ups
The assisted chin Up is an exercise designed to strenghten the upper back muscles
The assisted chin up is a great exercise to work your way up to a body weight chin up. The Machine version is the easiest one to maintain good form because the knee support prevents you from swinging .
The key to performing a proper movement is to keep the keep a straight back while pulling your elbows down.
How to do it
– place knees on the platform and grasp handles.
– Pull yourself up
– Try to squeeze your shoulders blades together as you pull your elbows down
– Keep your shoulders low at all times
– Slowly return to the start position.
- Your back must remain straight at all times and your torso should be kept still throughout the entire set.
- Don’t let your shoulders hunch over when you pull yourself up.
- Pausing and squeezing at the back of the movement for a 1-2 count will increase intensity and results.