balsamic chicken and veg
- 50 gr eggplant
- 0.5 tsp garlic, minced
- 120 g chicken breast fillets, skinless and boneless
- 15 mls vinegar, balsamic
- 1 lime
- coconut oil to cook
- 1 pinchblack pepper
- 0.5 medium zucchini, uncooked
- 0.5 red capsicums
- Combine half of the balsamic vinegar with the garlic and pepper and pour over the chicken breast; marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a BBQ or Sandwich Grill; halve the limes and cook on the grill until the tops have caramelised (approximately 1 minute).
- Slice the capsicum, zucchini and egg plant into thick, flat slices. Spray the grill with cooking oil spray and place the vegetable slices onto the grill; cook for approximately 1 minute each side or until char-grilled. Remove from the grill and place in tin-foil until ready to serve to keep warm.
- Spray the grill with cooking oil spray and add the chicken breast; cook for approximately 6 minutes each side or until cooked through and no longer pink in the centre.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving plate along with the char-grilled vegetables and caramelised limes.