Basil Avocado Salad
- 1 large fennel bulb, slice stalks and bulbs into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh rocket and baby spinach salad
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- Juice from 1 organic lemon
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 4 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- FILL a large bowl with ice water.
- BRING a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add fennel and cook for 3 minutes. Drain fennel and immediately submerge into ice bath. Set aside for 3 minutes. Drain.
- TRANSFER fennel to a large serving bowl; pat dry. Add avocado and carrot.
- DRIZZLE salad with lemon juice, lemon zest, oil, basil, sea salt and pepper. Gently toss to coat.
- DIVIDE salad between 2 serving dishes. Top with ground chia seeds and cashews. Serve at room temperature.