Dumbbell Bicep Curl
The Bicep Curl is an exercise designed to strenghten the arms
The bicep curls are kinda the exercise that you think about when you picture people exercising.
The beauty of this exercise is that it is not only for guys that want to buff up. It is a great exercise for girls as well to tone up the arms and work on your posture, especially when performed in standing posistion.
How to do it
– Stand or sit upright with your arms straight next to your body
– Squeese your shoulder blades together and lift the dumbbels to about chest height while pulling your elbows back
– return back to starting position to finish the movement
– Try to squeeze your shoulders blades together as you pull your elbows back
– Keep your shoulders low at all times
– Keep feet on footrests and hands on handles at all times.
– Slowly return to the start position.
- Your back must remain straight at all times and your torso should be kept still throughout the entire set.
- Don’t let your shoulders hunch over when your arms are extended.
- Use the back muscles to move the weight – push yur chest up and don’t use momentum to swing the weight back.
- Pausing and squeezing at the back of the movement for a 1-2 count will increase intensity and results.