Body Weight Squat
The body weight squat is an exercise designed to strengthen the butt and leg muscles
The squat is one of the 5 essential movement patterns used in fitness (Squat- Lunge – Push -Pull- Bend)
It is therefor very important to learn how to do this exercise correctly.
How to do it
- Set your feet shoulder-width apart, toes slightly turned out. Pull in your lower abs, and keep your eyes forward.
- Slowly bend at the knees and drop your hips to lower your body. Keep your heels flat on the floor.
- At the bottom of the exercise pause for a moment and strongly push back up to the starting position, mirroring the descent.
- Repeat for desired number of reps.
- To counter balance your weight hold your arms out in front of you at shoulder height.
- Keep your back as straight as possible throughout the lift to avoid strain or injury.
- Your back must remain straight at all times, try to push your butt back and up as you go down into the squat
- Don’t let your shoulders hunch over when your arms are extended.
- Keep your weight on your heels
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together as you push up