Here is a simple, wholesome meal that is ready in 30 minutes – perfect for busy weekday dinners. There’s no reason to hit the take out line when you have this quick and delicious recipe on hand. Eating simple, wholesome meals like this and exercising regularly will get you to your goal weight.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 293 calories, 5g fat, 32g carbohydrate, 4.6g fiber, and 29.4g protein.
- . 1 cups cooked quinoa
- . 1 tsp olive oil
- . 1/2 onion, chopped
- . 1 clove garlic, minced
- . 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- . 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- . 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- . 1 ear of corn, kernels cut from cob
- . Handful of asparagus stalks, cut into 1 inch pieces
- . 2 cups baked chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- . 1 can of organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- . splash of lemon juice
- . splash of lime juice
- . dash of salt and pepper
- . splash of soy sauce
- . 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Cook the quinoa and set aside.
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil, onion and garlic. Sauté for about 3 minutes. Add the bell peppers, corn and asparagus, cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the chicken and beans, cook for another 10 minutes, adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Place a serving of quinoa on each plate and top it with the vegetable mix.