Most creamy soups are filled with fat – but not this one. Indulge with this healthy carrot soup. Serve with a side of lean chicken breast or grilled fish and a small salad for a balanced meal.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 187 calories, 4g fat, 27g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 5g protein.
- . 1 teaspoon olive oil
- . 3 garlic cloves, minced
- . 1/2 small onion, diced
- . Dash of sea salt
- . 4 cups carrots, diced
- . 5 cups filtered water
- . 3 Tablespoons White Miso
- In a soup pot heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion with a dash of salt and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add carrots and stir, cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Use a hand blender to process the soup until smooth.
- Remove 1 cup of the soup and mix the miso into it until dissolved.
- Add back into the soup and simmer for 5 more minutes.