- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp organic cumin
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp organic chickpea (besan) flour
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp organic sesame seeds
- 2-3 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
Greek Yoghurt Sauce:
- 3 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- A handful of cut parsley
- 2 tbsp diced cucumber
- Pita bread
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- Pinch of red onion
How to make it
- In a food processor, pulse the rinsed chickpeas, parsley, coriander, onion, cumin, garlic, chickpea flour and salt & pepper into a thick paste consistency
- Roll the paste into 8 small balls, and then roll each one through sesame seeds until lightly coated.
- Prepare a hot pan with the olive oil and cook for 5 minutes, turning the balls until golden brown all over.
- To make the sauce, mix the ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined.
- Add the hot falafels to a pita bread and drizzle sauce over. Dress up with tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and more parsley to top. Enjoy!
What is the Damage ?
Energy 450 Cal
Sat. Fa t13g