Pear and Cashew Slice is a gluten free sweet treat the whole family can enjoy. Simple to prepare and bursting with flavour, it’s sure to become a family favourite
Calories: 140 cal, Carbohydrate: 21g, Protein: 2g, Calcium: 20mg, fat: 5g, Fibre: 1.2g
- . 3 ripe pears, peeled
- . 75g raw cashews, roughly chopped
- . ½ cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- . 100g soft brown sugar
- . 25g dairy-free margarine
- . 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- . 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Place the pears, cashews, flour and brown sugar in a bowl and mix together.
- Place the margarine and golden syrup in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until melted.
- Gently stir golden syrup mixture and egg into the pear mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 20cm square tin and bake for 35-40 minutes at 180°C, or until golden and cooked through.
- Leave to cool in the tin before slicing.