- 2 pieces of bread of your choice (use GF where necessary), toasted
- Layer of tahini or vegan cream cheese or vegan pate or hummus or guacamole
- 2 handfuls spinach
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp sauerkraut
- ½ fresh chilli, finely sliced (seeds removed, optional)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (or use pre-chopped, frozen if short of time)
- Handful of sprouted grains (eg alfalfa)
- Handful of mixed seeds (eg pumpkin, sesame, sunflower)
- Sprinkle of paprika or chilli flakes
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to make it
- Heat a small amount of oil in a saucepan and then add the cherry tomatoes and spinach.
- Lightly fry and occasionally stir for a few minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- In the meantime, slice all the veg and pop the bread in the toaster.
- Put a layer of your chosen spread onto the hot toast and then layer up with the other ingredients, including the cooked spinach and cherry tomatoes.
- Finish off with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.