LOW CARB POT ROAST WITH ROASTED GARLIC MASHED CAULIFLOWER (GLUTEN FREE AND DAIRY FREE)
- 3 lb (1.3kg) chuck roast (the meat you chuck in the slow-cooker)
- 2 cups broth (beef or vegetable)
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (soy sauce substitute)
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp crushed rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 10 cloves roasted garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 250 F or you can use a slow cooker
- Season the chuck roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a casserole dish over medium-high heat.
- Add the roast and sear for 3-4 minutes on both sides.
- Add the liquid and spices. Stir to incorporate.
- Next, add the onion and garlic. Cover and cook in the oven for 4 1/2 hours.
- Add the carrots and cook for another hour or until the meat shreds easily.
- Once the meat has finished cooking, remove the meat and most of the vegetables (leaving about 1 cup). Skim the fat and then puree the vegetables using an immersion blender or tabletop blender (optional). Bring the liquid to a boil and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the sauce has reduced. Add the beef and vegetables back to the casserole dish or slow cooker and serve over Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower.
- For the Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower, steam the cauliflower until very tender. Add the roasted garlic cloves (start with half of the cloves and add more if you want more garlic taste). Using an immersion blender or countertop blender. Puree the cauliflower and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.