- 1 large onion, finely diced (or use frozen)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (or use frozen)
- 2 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1-2 tsp chilli powder
- 450-500g/2 cups soya mince (supermarkets and health food shops will have this… see freezer section)
- 3 stock cubes (mixed with tiny bit of boiling water to dissolve)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 125ml/ ½ cup red wine or boiling water
- 1-2 tbsp tomato purée (optional)
- 1-2 tsp sugar (optional)
Serving suggestions: avocado, baked sweet potato, brown rice, fresh coriander, guacamole, jacket potato, lemon or lime, refried beans, salad, salsa, tortilla chips, vegan cheese, vegan natural yoghurt, vegan sour cream, wraps
How to make it
- Fry the onion in a little oil until soft.
- Add the celery, carrot, pepper and spices and fry for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 more minute.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil then leave to simmer for around 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally