An amazing recipe. Cilantro is Spanish for Coriander. I could have changed the name but Cilantro sounds so much more exotic : )
Paleo Avocado Cilantro Chicken Salad
- lb chicken, cooked and diced
- 2 avocados, pitted
- 1 bundle Coriander, stems removed
- 3-4 long carrots, shredded
- 3-4 stems celery, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 handful sliced almonds
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice ½ lime
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- So you need to start off cooking your chicken however you’d like. If you want a more “grilly” flavor, grill it. Duh. I just boiled my chicken because I didn’t have a ton of time so boiling the chicken was the quickest option. Have you ever seen boiled chicken? It looks disgusting. Just a warning.
- While your chicken cooks, make your dressing. Pull out your wonderful food processor. Mine has been smoking lately. Making almond butter does a number on the engine…oops.
- Add your avocados, Coriander, lemon, lime, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to the food processor. Mix thoroughly until the avocado becomes a paste. This will take about 1-2 minutes or so.
- Once your avocado creamy sauce/paste is tasting delish, add it to your diced chicken. If you haven’t already shredded your carrots or diced your other veggies, do that. I just the shredding attachment on my food processor to shred my carrots.
- Mix veggies into your chicken salad and add a handful of sliced almonds.
- Top with salt and pepper for a little extra flavor and a little leftover cilantro.