The prone cobra is an exercise designed to strengthen the lower mid back muscles
The prone cobra is a key exercise to improve and maintain posture. It is basically the opposite of the plank. Training the back extensors using an isometric contraction.
How to do it
– Sit and grasp handles.
– Place feet on footrests with knees bent.
– Pull handles slowly towards your torso.
– Try to squeeze your shoulders blades together as you pull your elbows back
– Keep your shoulders low at all times
– Keep feet on footrests and hands on handles at all times.
– Slowly return to the start position.
- Your back must remain straight at all times and your torso should be kept still throughout the entire set.
- Don’t let your shoulders hunch over when your arms are extended.
- Use the back muscles to move the weight – push yur chest up and don’t use momentum to swing the weight back.
- Pausing and squeezing at the back of the movement for a 1-2 count will increase intensity and results.