Salmon, broccoli and egg whites combine for the perfect protein-packed breakfast. Add a side of avocado for healthy fats and a serving of fruit for a delicious start to your day
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 225 calories, 7g fat, 557mg sodium, 6.5g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 33g protein.
- . 1 teaspoon olive oil
- . 1 cup fresh broccoli, cut into small pieces
- . 5 egg whites
- . 220 grilled or smoked salmon, separated into small pieces
- . Dash of salt and pepper
- The salmon needs to be chopped fairly small for this, so if you're using offcuts you might still need to chop some of the larger pieces. I say chop here, but very often I use scissors.
- Heat oil or water over medium heat in a frying pan (this tastes just as good without the oil, if using frozen broccoli you don't need as much water, spray the pan with cooking spray)
- In a small bowl beat eggs
- Add broccoli to the warm frying pan and stir for 3-4 min or until broccoli starts getting soft.
- Stir occasionally.
- Pour eggs over broccoli,
- As soon as the eggs begin to solidify - after about one minute - and when you have about 50 per cent solid and the rest still liquid, quickly add the salmon and cook until eggs are fluffy and cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- add S & P to taste