Here’s a delicious way to dress up broccolini. Broccolini is a non-heading type of broccoli with long thin leafy stalks that’s topped with small florets. It’s packed with vitamins A, C and K in addition to potassium, iron and calcium. It also contains phytochemicals that fight cancer and improve your overall health.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 58 calories, 4.4g fat, 3g carbohydrate, 7.1g fiber, and 2.5g protein
- . 3 Tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- . 2 bunches broccolini, stems trimmed
- . 1 teaspoon olive oil
- . 3 garlic cloves, minced
- . 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
- . dash of freshly ground sea salt
- . Juice from 1 small lemon
- Place a steamer basket over a 3 quart pot, filled with water up to the bottom of the basket. Bring the water to a boil, add the broccolini, cover and steam for 3 minutes. Immediately drop the broccolini into a bowl of ice water. After a few minutes drain the broccolini and set aside.
- In a large skillet warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until golden. Add the broccolini, olives and salt. Saute for another 5 minutes until tender. Remove from heat, place in serving dish, sprinkle with pine nuts and toss with lemon juice.