The tricep extension is an exercise designed to strenghten the arm muscles
Tricep extensions are exercises to give your arm some definition. The tricep muscle got its name because it has 3 attachments and that is also the reason why it looks so good when you develop them. It really sculpts the arm. There are many ways to perform this exercise. You can do it lying down, standing up, with a bar, with a rope and even with a dumbbell. The main one way are concentration on this time is a standing position, pressing a rope or bar down.
How to do it
- Stand upright facing the cable machine
- squeeze your shoulders back and hold on to the bar or rope
- Pull your hands in front of your chest, with your thumbs almost touching your chest. This is your starting position
- your arms should be glued to the side of your body with your elbows pointing down.
- Without moving your shoulder or upper arm, press the bar or rope down towards your hip.
- Slowly Return to starting position
- Your back must remain straight at all times and your torso should be kept still throughout the entire set.
- Don’t let your shoulders hunch over when your arms are extended.
- You can lean forward (not hunch) with a straight back to increase the range of motion and increase the intensity of the exercise
- Pausing and squeezing at the bottom of the movement for a 1-2 count will increase intensity and results.