TRX Squat and Row
The TRX Squat and Row is an exercise designed to strengthen the leg and upper back muscles
The TRX Squat and Row is a great exercise to warm up with as it uses most of the muscles in the posterior chain without loading them up with to much weight. This allows you to squat down lower that you would when you are doing a weighted squat allowing you to give the glutes and hamstrings a bit of a stretch at the bottom of the movement
How to do it
- With the TRX set to medium length, stand facing the TRX with a hip width stance, then grab the handles with a palms facing in grip, holding them next to your chest with your elbows bent and your shoulders low
- extend your arms so that your body hangs in a 45 degree angle
- Squat down, maintaining an upright chest and flat back, as if you’re taking a seat in a chair.
- Then once you reach the bottom of the squat, pull up your body with the muscles in your upper back, and squeeze your shoulder blades together as you stand.
- Your back must remain straight at all times.
- Hold your core by pulling in belly button to your spine
- Be careful that your are not hanging in the shoulders