The Walk Lunges are an exercise designed to strenghten the leg muscles
The Walk Lunges are a great exercise to stimulate mobility and strength in the legs. They tend to be less strenuous than step lunges or stationary lunges. Mainly because the movement creates a forward momentum and your body weight rotates between your two legs.Walking lunges are a great way to increase unilateral coordination, balance, and muscular symmetry
How to do it
– Start by taking a big step forward approximately 1 ½ times natural stride length.and pressing your front foot into the floor.
(Quite often people will put to much weight on their back leg)
– Push your chest up and draw in your tummy with 30% effort. Step forward
– Lower yourself straight down keeping your front knee behind your toes.
– Coming down there should be approximately a 90 degree angle at the back of both
knees. Your back heel should come off the ground.
– From the bottom position push forward and up, bring your back leg through
as you step forward.
- Keep your head and chest upright with your hips level and forward facing during the
- Concentrate on your front leg and just balance with the back one